Restaurant Empòrium, between the sea and the mountains
A restaurant with Michelin Star and Repsol Sun inside a gastronomic hotel ***
Empòrium Restaurant, located at the homonymous 3-star gastronomic hotel, reflects the hard work of the Jordà family, devoted to the catering industry since 1965. The restaurant is led by the Jordà twins, Màrius and Joan, who are in charge of the kitchen and the dining room taking turns periodically in a surprising way, with the support of their father, Salvador Jordà.
In the restaurant you will be able to enjoy a modern sea and mountain influenced cuisine not short of contemporary touches, which accentuate the flavours of the Empordà region, and local produce is always the basis of our cuisine. This is how we try to integrate all the products that surround us in order to create a seasonal cuisine rooted in the natural landscape of Alt Empordà: a cuisine that strives for simplicity without losing its essence, that is humble and open to evolution, but genuine. It needs to be the reflection of our philosophy, opening our local universe to everyone. The splendour of nature. The richness of our land.
Our restaurant features a wide range of wines selected by our sommeliers. They are included on a wine list designed by the American artist Ralph Bernabei, which depicts the environment where our wines originate in the form of visual poetry.
In the restaurant there is also a private room with a seating capacity of 16 for those who want to enjoy our cuisine in a big, open, quiet, and private space.
Kitchen hours: 13:00 h to 14:30 h and 20:00 h to 21:30 h.
We would appreciate respecting the hours of the reservation; as well as the correction in the dress. We remind you that the tasting menus are offered until 14:30 h and 21:30 h; and they will be served at full table. From 5 people we will only served one of our tasting menus.
· From October to May closed Monday all day and nights of Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
· June and last two weeks of September closed Monday all day and Sunday night.
· July, August and first two week of September closed Monday all day.
(except festival day)
Annual holidays: from 16th October to 5th Novembre 2020; from 15th February to 8th March 2021; from 2nd November to 22nd November 2021.
The work and dedication in our restaurant has been recognized with:
- 1 Star at Michelin Guide from 2016 edition
- 1 Sol at Repsol Guide from 2015 edition
- Travellers' Choice Tripadvisor 2020
- Espiga i Timó d'Or 2017 by Town Hall of Castelló d'Empúries
- Tramuntana Honor Award 2015
- Tramuntana Award for dedication and guild projection 2018
- 15 points by critics of "Cinc a Taula" from newspaper La Vanguardia
- Second prize Cartaví 2009 and 2010 and finalist group C Cartaví 2013 in the province of Girona by INCAVI.
Empòrium restaurant, will not make any charge at the time of your reservation, the payment will be made directly at the end of the experience in the restaurant.
In the event that you are unable to come on the day of your reservation, please inform us by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 0034 972250593 at least 24 hours in advance.
In the case of not receiving your cancellation with the indicated anticipation, or not showing up, a total of 40 euros per diner will be charged to the credit or debit card provided when booking, due to the economic prejudice and the derived costs generated when requesting your reservation.
Kitchen hours: 13:00 h to 14:30 h and 20:00 h to 21:30 h
We would appreciate it if you would respect the schedule of the reservation, as well as the correctness in the dress. We remind you that the tasting menus are available until 14:30 and 21:30 and will be served at the full table. From 5 people onwards, only our tasting menus will be served.
- From October to May, closed on Mondays all day and on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
- June and second half of September closed Monday all day and Sunday night.
- July, August and first fortnight of September closed Monday all day.
Annual holiday period: from 2 November to 23 November 2020; and from 15 February to 8 March 2021; from 2 November to 22 November 2021.
Through our two menus:
· the Univers Local menu at 98 euros (a synthesis of our sea and mountain cuisine and Empordà products)
· the Sea and Mountain menu at 68 euros (a smaller version of our sea and mountain cuisine).
These menus can be harmonized with a selection of wines made by our sommeliers...
You can also enjoy our A la Carte menu that offers a renewed view of the seasonal sea and mountain cuisine of the Empordà (it will not be served on festival days and holidays, July and August).
* We would appreciate respecting the hours of the reservation; as well as the correction in the dress. We remind you that the tasting menus are offered until 14:30 h and 21:30 h; and they will be served at full table.
From 5 people we will only served one of our tasting menus.
Thanks to all the friends and lovers of the wine world which made this list possible
small means great producers, craftsmen and characters
bottles varieties. unique vineyards
climates, places, infinite landscapes
the immutable cycle of the seasons ... the autumn - the harvest
fans. averse professionals from the wine world
colours, smells, touches, emotions
all gathered in a book ...